The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) pays physicians for medically necessary services provided to patients seen in the office/hospital etc. You may require some services that are not paid for under OHIP - these are considered Uninsured Services. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Telephone prescription renewals - your doctor will provide you with enough medication to last you until he/she feels you need to have a follow-up appointment in the office. Requests for renewals, either from the patient directly or from the pharmacy, are considered uninsured services.
- Telephone consultation - phone advice from a physician at the request of a patient to discuss symptoms or concerns, request advice or seek treatment is considered an uninsured service.
- Transfer of records.
- Drivers' physicals.
- Employment physicals.
- Children's camp physicals.
- Newborn circumcision.
- Removal of some moles/cysts.
- Completion of forms and certificates.
For your convenience, services not covered by OHIP can be paid for by cash, cheque, debit/Interac, MasterCard or VISA.