PEP Position Guide
Partnering with patients, their families, and their caregivers is essential to the way MSH delivers high quality and safe care to all of our patients. PEP volunteers will work with hospital staff and physicians, sharing their ideas, perspectives, and experiences to inform decisions that will directly impact patient experience. In turn they will gain new insights into the operations of a large, community-based hospital. Check out our PEP brochure.
Hours of service
This will vary depending on your interest, type of activity, and the working group's mandate.
PEP volunteers must be (a):
- 18 years or older
- Former MSH patient or patient caregiver who has received care in the last two to three years
Qualities of a PEP:
PEP volunteers will bring (a):
- positive attitude
- good listening and communication skills
- respectful attitude toward other people's opinions and perspectives
- their ability to share thoughts and opinions in group settings
- their experiences as a patient or family member
- Application form online
- In-person interview
- Reference check (including police check)
- Confirmation – letter or email from MSH
- Orientation at MSH
- Assignment - Participate in activities once called upon
Stay tuned for more opportunities.
To apply download and complete the application form and return it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure if this is for you? Check out our FAQs. These should provide you with more information about the PEP program.
If you still have questions about the PEP program contact: email@example.com or 905-427-7373 ext. 6916.