At this time there are no cases of the COVID-19 at Markham Stouffville Hospital and the risk to the community remains low. View more information about the coronavirus.
Visiting a patient
Visiting a patient
At our Markham and Uxbridge sites, our general visiting hours are 11 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. During this time, you are welcome to come and provide well wishes to your family member or friend staying in the hospital. Specific departments may have different visiting hours based on the needs of its patients – see below for additional details. For more information, please speak with a member of the healthcare team that is caring for your loved one.
Your loved one may have a partner-in-care who has 24/7 access. Your loved one will decide who they want involved as their partner-in-care while they are staying at the hospital. Learn more about family presence at our Markham and Uxbridge sites.
Between the hours of 10 p.m. – 6 a.m., daily, the Markham and Uxbridge sites will observe quiet time to help your loved one and all our patients get the rest they need.
Here is some information to keep in mind when visiting your loved one in the hospital.
- Help keep your loved one and all our patients safe from infections by using the hand sanitizer in the hospital before and after you enter a patient room.
- Please do not visit if you feel unwell or have symptoms such as cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting or a new rash.
- You may need to shorten your visits if your loved one is tired and needs to rest.
- You are encouraged to spend time with your loved one, however, you may be asked at times for privacy and care reasons to leave the room.
- Children require supervision and must be with an adult other than the patient at all times.
- Please do not use any perfumes or scents before you come to the hospital. Our Markham and Uxbridge sites are scent-free environments.
- Our Markham and Uxbridge sites are 100 per cent smoke- and vape-free, including outside areas.
- Latex can cause a severe allergic reaction. Please do not bring latex balloons to the hospital. Mylar balloons are acceptable.
- Please respect members of your loved one’s healthcare team. We will not allow abusive or disruptive behaviours.
After hours visiting at the Markham and Uxbridge sites
Most doors at the Markham and Uxbridge sites are locked after 9 p.m. If you are visiting a loved one at the Markham or Uxbridge sites after 9 p.m., please use the entrance to the Emergency Department.
Download the guide for after-hours visitors.
More about visiting the Markham site
Visiting hours at the Markham site may vary depending on the department. Click the links to find out specific visiting hours for these departments at the Markham site: