At this time there are no cases of the 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) at Markham Stouffville Hospital and the risk to the community remains low. View more information about the coronavirus.
The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) covers most medically necessary treatment. Services that OHIP does not cover are referred to as “uninsured services”. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Ambulance trips to the hospital
- Orthopedic supplies (casts, crutches etc.)
- Delisted procedures (newborn circumcision, mole/skin tag removal etc.)
- Telephone prescription renewals. Your doctor will provide you with enough medication to last you until they feel you need to have a follow-up appointment in the office. Requests for renewals, either from the patient directly or from the pharmacy, are considered uninsured services.
- Telephone consultation. This is phone advice from a physician at your request to discuss your symptoms or concerns, request advice or seek treatment.
- Transfer or release of medical records.
- Employment physical.
- Completion of forms and certificates.
For your convenience, services not covered by OHIP can be paid for by cash, cheque, debit, MasterCard, Visa or Amex.