Due to a flood caused by the extreme cold weather, certain areas of the hospital are temporarily closed or have been moved. Read more.
When getting admitted to the hospital we want to do whatever we can to make your stay with us as comfortable and as caring an experience as possible. One of the first things we suggest is to prepare for your return home from the hospital, even before you are admitted.
When coming to the hospital always bring:
- Ontario Health Card
- Proof of additional health insurance coverage for preferred hospital accommodations(if you have this)
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) claim number (if you have one)
- Cheque or credit card to pay for additional expenses
- Calling card for long distance calls
- Personal items (brush, toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving supplies, lotion, shampoo, pajamas, robe, and sanitary care products)
- Comfortable clothing, slippers and/or shoes to wear when you are leaving and returning home
- Any electrical products or appliances you are bringing must be approved by our facilities staff before being used in the hospital. Anyone on the unit where you are to be admitted can arrange this. You may prefer to bring battery-operated appliances.
We have developed a patient and family guide with lots of useful information for patients who are being admitted to the hospital. The guide provides information about your care team, your room and hospital amenities, and much more.
Markham Stouffville Hospital is proud to offer free Wi-FI to all patients, families and their families.
- Television services
Patients can rent television during their stay. Please dial 6960 from your bedside phone,1-866-223-3686 from any phone or visit Hospital Network's rental page.