In January of 2004, Markham Stouffville Hospital welcomed Uxbridge Cottage Hospital as a partner site.
The Uxbridge site of the Markham Stouffville Hospital is a 20 bed community hospital with 41 physicians, 149 staff and 150 volunteers.
Visiting the Uxbridge site
General visiting hours are 11 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. During this time you are welcome to come and provide well wishes to the patient.
For more information, please speak with a member of the health care team on the unit that is caring for your family member or friend.
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) has family presence policy that enables 24/7 access for partners in care, allowing them to spend more time with their loved ones. Between the hours of 10 p.m. – 6 a.m., daily, MSH will observe quiet time to help patients get the rest they need.
- Tips for visiting the hospital
- Help keep all patients safe from infections by using the hand sanitizer in the hospital.
- Do not visit a patient if you feel unwell or have symptoms, such as cough, fever, runny nice, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting, or a new rash.
- You may need to shorten your visits if the patient is tired and needs to rest. To keep the hospital a restful environment for patients, we have a quiet time from 10 p.m. – 6 a.m. daily.
- You are encouraged to spend time with a patient, however, you may be asked at times for privacy and care reasons to leave the room.
- Children who require supervision must be with an adult at all times. The adult cannot be the patient.
- Do not use any perfumes or scent before you come to the hospital. MSH is a scent free environment.
- Markham Stouffville Hospital is a 100% smoke-free.
- Latex can cause a severe allergic reaction. Latex balloons are not allowed in the hospital. Mylar balloons are acceptable.
- Respect members of the patient’s health care team. We will not allow abusive or disruptive behaviours.
|Minimum interval (1 hour)||$1.75|
|Daily maximum (9 hours from time of entry)||$5.25|
We occasionally experience mechanical challenges with the pay stations in the Uxbridge parking lot. If this happens to you, please enter the hospital and inform the wayfinders at the main entrance or one of the registration clerks.
Please continue with your hospital business and we’ll help you work out the parking situation.
Patient and Visitor Wi-Fi
MSH offers free Wi-Fi to all of our patients, families and visitors to the Uxbridge site. Please use the MSH-Patient-and-Visitor-WIFI network to get online. If you experience difficulties with accessing the network we ask that you politely let a staff member know. Please note: MSH staff do not support issues with personal devices.