Due to a flood caused by the extreme cold weather, certain areas of the hospital are temporarily closed or have been moved. Read more.
Visiting the Uxbridge site
General visiting hours are 11 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. During this time you are welcome to come and provide well wishes to the patient.
For more information, please speak with a member of the health care team on the unit that is caring for your family member or friend.
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) has family presence policy that enables 24/7 access for partners in care, allowing them to spend more time with their loved ones. Between the hours of 10 p.m. – 6 a.m., daily, MSH will observe quiet time to help patients get the rest they need.
Here is some important information to keep in mind, when visiting a patient in the hospital:
- Help keep all patients safe from infections by using the hand sanitizer in the hospital.
- Do not visit a patient if you feel unwell or have symptoms, such as cough, fever, runny nice, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting, or a new rash.
- You may need to shorten your visits if the patient is tired and needs to rest. To keep the hospital a restful environment for patients, we have a quiet time from 10 pm – 6 am daily.
- You are encouraged to spend time with a patient, however, you may be asked at times for privacy and care reasons to leave the room.
- Children who require supervision must be with an adult at all times. The adult cannot be the patient.
- Do not use any perfumes or scent before you come to the hospital. MSH is a scent free environment.
- Markham Stouffville Hospital is a 100% smoke-free.
- Latex can cause a severe allergic reaction. Latex balloons are not allowed in the hospital. Mylar balloons are acceptable.
- Respect members of the patient’s health care team. We will not allow abusive or disruptive behaviours.