Visiting the Uxbridge site
General visiting hours are 11 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. During this time you are welcome to come and provide well wishes to the patient.
For more information, please speak with a member of the health care team on the unit that is caring for your family member or friend.
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) has family presence policy that enables 24/7 access for partners in care, allowing them to spend more time with their loved ones. Between the hours of 10 p.m. – 6 a.m., daily, MSH will observe quiet time to help patients get the rest they need.
Here is some important information to keep in mind, when visiting a patient in the hospital:
- Help keep all patients safe from infections by using the hand sanitizer in the hospital.
- Do not visit a patient if you feel unwell or have symptoms, such as cough, fever, runny nice, sore throat, diarrhea, vomiting, or a new rash.
- You may need to shorten your visits if the patient is tired and needs to rest. To keep the hospital a restful environment for patients, we have a quiet time from 10 pm – 6 am daily.
- You are encouraged to spend time with a patient, however, you may be asked at times for privacy and care reasons to leave the room.
- Children who require supervision must be with an adult at all times. The adult cannot be the patient.
- Do not use any perfumes or scent before you come to the hospital. MSH is a scent free environment.
- Markham Stouffville Hospital is a 100% smoke-free.
- Latex can cause a severe allergic reaction. Latex balloons are not allowed in the hospital. Mylar balloons are acceptable.
- Respect members of the patient’s health care team. We will not allow abusive or disruptive behaviours.