Getting admitted to the Uxbridge site
When coming to the Uxbridge site, we want to do whatever we can to make your stay with us as comfortable and caring an experience as possible.
- I am being admitted to the hospital. What should I bring with me?
- Ontario Health Card Proof of additional health insurance coverage for preferred hospital accommodations (if you have this)
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) claim number (if you have one)
- Cheque or credit card to pay for additional expenses
- Calling card for long distance calls
- Personal items (brush, toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving supplies, lotion, shampoo, pajamas, robe, and sanitary care products)
- Comfortable clothing, slippers and/or shoes to wear when you are leaving and returning home.
- Any electrical products or appliances you are bringing must be approved by our facilities staff before being used in the hospital. Anyone on the unit where you are to be admitted can arrange this. You may prefer to bring battery-operated appliances.
- One of the first things we suggest you prepare is for your return home from the hospital.
- TV, phone and wifi services
TV and telephone services are complimentary at the Uxbridge site.
To respect the needs of all other patients and/or visitors in the shared patient rooms, we request that patients use earbuds for TV sound. These are available for purchase at the gift shop for a nominal fee (gift shop hours are 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday - Saturday) or patients may use their personal earbuds for sound.
Please keep cell phones on silence/vibrate while visiting the hospital. Cell phone reception may be limited in some hospital areas. MSH offers free Wi-Fi to all of our patients, families and visitors to the Uxbridge site. Please use the MSH-Patient-and-Visitor-WIFI network to get online. If you experience difficulties with accessing the network we ask that you politely let a staff member know. Please note: MSH staff do not support issues with personal devices.