The plastics clinic treats patients with many types of injuries including:
- Hand trauma
- Facial trauma
- Surgical skin conditions
- Skin cancer including melanoma
During the initial assessment, the team will determine if you will require a follow-up, minor procedure, wound care or a surgical procedure.
Clinic services include:
- Diagnostic imaging
- Occupational therapy and splinting
- Hand exercise instruction by our hand physiotherapist
- Wound care
Referrals to the plastics clinic come from a recent visit to the MSH Emergency Department, following surgery at the hospital or from your family doctor. If you recently had surgery at MSH, a follow-up visit will be scheduled post-surgery with your surgeon.
Our interprofessional team includes:
- Plastic surgeons: there are three plastic surgeons affiliated with the clinic Dr. Ron Wallman, Dr. John Kao and Dr. Tara Lyn Teshima
- Registered practical nurses
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopedic technologists
- X-ray technologists
NOTE: the physicians are in clinic on specific days of the week and follow up is always scheduled on the date your physician is in the clinic.
To reschedule or cancel your appointment, call 905-472-7353, 48 hours in advance of your appointment.