Due to a flood caused by the extreme cold weather, certain areas of the hospital are temporarily closed or have been moved. Read more.
Paediatric ambulatory clinic
The Paediatric Ambulatory Clinic (PAC) is a consultation clinic for patients from newborns up to their 18th birthday. The PAC is staffed by a paediatrician or paediatrician/neonatologist and a registered nurse.
To be seen by a paediatrician in the PAC, you must have a physician referral.
We will see patients referred from the Emergency Department, Family Physician or Pediatrician’s office, where it has been determined that additional assessment by a paediatrician would help define the best plan of care. It is anticipated that patients seen in PAC will go home and not require admission to hospital.
This may include patients with the following:
- Febrile illness
- Unwell for more than four days
- Non-emergency abdominal pain
- Infections (cellulitis, urinary tract infection, pneumonia)
- Gastroenteritis, with mild to moderate dehydration
- Newborn feeding issues/dehydration
- Borderline weight loss (10%)
- Newborn jaundice
All emergent cases, should be directed to the emergency department.
- Making Your Appointment
- Physician office’s can download the referral form from this website
- Your physician will fax the referral to the Paediatric Ambulatory Clinic (PAC) at 905-472-7535
- The PAC secretary will call you with your appointment time
- If you have not heard from the PAC within 72 hours, please call 905-472-7534
- To cancel or re-book your appointment at the PAC, please call 905-472-7534 during regular business hours (8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday)
- What to bring
- OHIP card
- Discharge paperwork, reports or x-rays, films if any
- Personal items (diapers, wipes, formula/breast milk,snack/lunch if needed)