You are hereHome ›
Patients and Visitors
Welcome to Markham Stouffville Hospital. We want to do whatever we can to make your stay with us as comfortable and caring an experience as possible.
I am being admitted to the hospital. What should I bring with me?
Please bring the following items when you are coming to be admitted to the hospital:
- Ontario Health Card
- Proof of additional health insurance coverage for preferred hospital accommodations(if you have this)
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB) claim number (if you have one)
- Cheque or credit card to pay for additional expenses
- Calling card for long distance calls
- Personal items (brush, toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving supplies, lotion, shampoo, pajamas, robe, and sanitary care products)
- Comfortable clothing, slippers and/or shoes to wear when you are leaving and returning home.
Any electrical products or appliances you are bringing must be approved by our facilities staff before being used in the hospital. Anyone on the unit where you are to be admitted can arrange this. You may prefer to bring battery-operated appliances.
One of the first things we suggest you prepare is for your return home from the hospital.
For information on specific programs and services visit Areas of Care.
TV, Phone and WiFi services
TV/Phone rental services are provided by Hospitality Network. A portion of the revenue from rental services are returned to Markham Stouffville Hospital and reinvested in caring for you!
For information on renting a TV/Phone during your stay, click here or turn the TV on in the patient room and follow the directions.
Please keep cell phones turned off or on vibrate while visiting the hospital. Please note that cell phone reception may be limited in some hospital areas. Wi-Fi is available for purchase if needed. To access this Wi-Fi, please connect to the MSH-Patient-and-Visitor-Wi-Fi.
- Patients & Visitors
- Areas of Care
- Careers & Volunteers
- Education & Research
- Our Foundations
- About Us
Patients & Visitors
- Emergency Wait Times
- Health Information
- Patient Resources
- Make an Appointment
- Office of Access and Privacy
- Pay Bills
- Physician Directory
- Telemedicine at MSH
- Uninsured Services
- Visiting the Hospital
- Your Role in Safety