Important Note: New Parking Fees in Effect for Markham Stouffville Hospital (October 1st, 2016)
As of October 1st, there is a new parking fee structure for the Markham Stouffville Hospital site. The new system introduces the H Pass, which makes parking at the hospital easier for our patients and their families. Benefits of the H Pass include:
- Transferable between patients and caregivers
- Equipped with in-and-out privileges throughout a 24-hour period
- Good for one year from the date of purchase.
The new parking rates are as follows:
H Pass Solution
|Parking Option||Rate||Discounted Rate|
|Each 30 minutes (up to daily maximum)||$4.00|
|Day Pass (24 hour in/out)||$22.00|
|5 Day H Pass||$42.50||$8.50 / 24 hours|
|10 Day H Pass||$85.00||$8.50 / 24 hours|
|30 Day H Pass||$153.00||$5.10 / 24 hours|
Patients and visitors will be able to purchase the H Pass from the parking office or other designated office.
Hospitals are mandated to use parking fees as a revenue source to supplement Government funding. Parking revenues help us provide the community with programs and services it needs. In 2016 the government passed mandatory regulation to ensure hospital parking is more affordable for patients and visitors. MSH has implemented those policies.
Markham Site Parking Locations
Visitor's Parking Lot 1 – Main Entrance / Link Lobby
Located on Church Street between Ninth Line and Bur Oak. This lot can be accessed by the entrance off of Butternut Lane. Suggested parking for Clinic appointments, day registration and Medical Office Building (MOB) appointments.
Visitor's Parking Lot 3 – Health Services Building
Located and accessed from the north side of Church Street between Ninth Line and Bur Oak. Suggested parking for HSB appointments.
Visitor's Parking Lot 6 – Emergency – 24 hr access to MSH
Located East of Ninth line and North of Hwy # 7 accesses is from Ninth Line or Bur Oak. Suggested parking for patients or visitor to the Emergency Department, Maternity and all after-hours access to the building.
Medical Office Building
Pay and display parking is required in front of the Medical Office Building for all vehicles including those in accessible spots. Alternatively you may park in visitor's parking lot 1.
Health Services Building
Pay and display parking is offered west of the Health Services Building. All vehicles including those in accessible spots must display a valid paid timed ticket. Alternatively you may park in visitor parking lot # 3.
Parking for Persons with Disabilities
The hospital has numerous spots designated for accessibility parking located within close proximity to the hospital entrances. There are also ramps into all parking kiosks.
Patients and visitors have two options available when paying for parking.
Option 1: Regular Payment
- Obtain a ticket upon entry and keep it with you during your visit.
- Prior to returning to your vehicle, make your payment at one of our conveniently located Payment Stations.
- Insert you ticket
- Our machines accept bills, coins and credit cards.
- Press the help button for any assistance required. Alternatively you can visit our Parking Office during operating hours for payment with debit or credit cards.
- Obtain your activated paid exit ticket and receipt.
- Insert your activated paid ticket into the gate machine when you leave to exit the lot.
Option 2: Regular Payment Only with Credit Card (no upgrade options)
- Obtain a ticket upon entry.
- When exiting insert ticket into exit gate
- Cost of parking will be displayed
- Use a Credit card by inserting it into the same slot or if you have a chip Tap it on the Credit Card reader.
- Obtain you credit card and receipt
Option 3: Express Payment (Environmentally Friendly) – Credit Card Only
- Tap your chipped credit card or insert your credit card at the point of entry, when accepted the gate will open
- Upon exit use the same credit card (tap or insert) at the exit gate machine upon leaving. A receipt will be printed at this time and the gate will rise to allow you to exit.
Payment Stations – Gated Lots
Cash or Credit is accepted in the following locations:
- Outside in the Visitor Lot #6 and Staff Lot #7 (east exit)
- Inside the emergency entrance / exit
- Inside the Link Lobby entrance / exit
- Outside in the Visitor Lot #1
- West gate location
- East gate location (beside the parking office)
- Inside the Medical Office Building (2nd floor West Main Entrance)
- Inside the Health Service Building (1st floor North Entrance to Church St.)
Debit or Credit Card payment is accepted at:
- Parking Office during operation hours
Payment Stations – Pay and Display
- Located in the area where pay and display is required
- Medical Office Building (MOB)
- Outside Main Entrance
- North of Main Entrance
- Between MOB and MSH (South of Main Entrance)
- Health Services Building (HSB)
- Outside the back door (East of Building)
- Outside of the Emergency Entrance
- Short Term Emergency Patients Parking
Full support is available Monday to Friday 7:00am to 9:30pm and Saturday and Sunday 9:30am to 7:00pm at the Parking Office located in the Visitors lot. Outside these hours, assistance is available to you by pressing the intercom button.
|Minimum Interval (1 hour)||$1.75|
|Daily Maximum (9 hours from time of entry)||$5.25|
- Patients & Visitors
- Areas of Care
- Careers & Volunteers
- Our Foundations
- About Us
Patients & Visitors
- Emergency Wait Times
- Health Information
- Patient Resources
- Make an Appointment
- Office of Access and Privacy
- Pay Bills
- Physician Directory
- Telemedicine at MSH
- Uninsured Services
- Visiting the Hospital
- Your Role in Safety